From 1994, transceiver technology laboratory (TTL) has been conducting researches on the design of wired/wireless communication system. Especially, many researches (e.g., 3G WCDMA, GMR (Geostationary Mobile Radio), WiBro) have successfully contributed to the commercialization of related products. TTL has been assigned to the National Research Laboratory (NRL) since 2001. Recently, the researches on the next generation (4G) mobile communication system such as Mobile-WiMAX and LTE Advanced have been conducted, and currently the researches on the Massive MIMO and distributed antenna system (DAS) design are in progress. Moreover, the researches on wireless sensor networking technologies such as ZigBee and Bluetooth to realize the cyber-physical system (CPS) in reality are in progress.
Research Interests & Projects
▶ Recent research interests
- Transmission technology and operation profile for massive MIMO based distributed antenna systems
- Radio access technology and intelligent base-stations/terminals design in beyond 4G systems
- Transmission technology for heterogeneous networking (e.g., ZigBee, Bluetooth, WiFi)
- Smart wireless sensor networking and operation profile for cyber physical systems
▶ Research projects
- Cloud MIMO systems for big data environments, Korea Communications Commission
- Multi-cell wireless communication technology in massive MIMO systems, Samsung Electronics
- Cloud communication center technology for next generation mobile communication systems, Korea Telecommunication
- Design of intelligent transceivers for smart sensor networks, Ministry of Education Science and Technology
- Intelligent wireless communication systems in 3 dimensional environment, Korea Communications Commission
Journals & Patents
 Seung-Hwan Lee, Hyung-Sin Kim, and Yong-Hwan Lee, "Mitigation of Co-Channel Interference in Bluetooth Piconets," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 11, no. 4, Apr. 2012.
 Dong-Chan Oh, Heui-Chang Lee, and Yong-Hwan Lee, "Power Control and Beamforming for Femtocells in the Presence of Channel Uncertainty," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 60, no. 6, July 2011.
 Jae-Heung Yeom and Yong-Hwan Lee, "Multi-Sector Eigen-Beamforming with MMSE Reception in Spatially Correlated Channel," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 60, no. 2, Feb. 2011.
 Hee-Nam Cho, Han-Jun Park, and Yong-Hwan Lee, "Effect of Imperfect Transmit Correlation on Statistical Beamforming in Multi-User Cellular Systems," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 9, no. 3, Nov. 2010.
 Jae-Yun Ko and Yong-Hwan Lee, "Adaptive Beamforming with Dimension Reduction in Spatially Correlated MISO Channels," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 8, no. 10, Oct. 2009.
 Jin-Woo Lee, Jae-Yun Ko, and Yong-Hwan Lee, "Effect of Transmit Correlation on the Sum-Rate Capacity of Two-User Broadcast Channels," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol 57, no. 9, Sept. 2009.
 Yong-Hwan Lee and June Moon, "Method for Transmittinf/receiving Data in Mobile Communication Systems Using and OFDMA Scheme," US Patent no. 7505397, Mar. 2009.
 Ji-Woong Choi and Yong-Hwan Lee, "Design of a Channel-Aware OFDM Transceiver," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., May 2007.