Overview

History

 After the establishment of department, it has played a major role in the advancement of engineering. We are building a better future as a global research centered department. 


2010's ~

2010대 사진

  • 2012

    The Department of Electrical Engineering was renamed to the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
  • 2012 Jan

    Statistics: Faculty: 65, B.S.: 1,005, M.S.: 331 Ph.D.: 443
  • 2012 Jan

    Total cumulative number of graduates: B.S: 8773, M.S.: 3747, Ph.D.: 1,311


1990 ~ 2000's

1990 ~ 2000대 사진

  • 1991

    The Institute of New Media and Communications was founded.
  • 1992

    Incoming class of 215 undergraduate students were admitted with a to-be-determined major among Electrical, Electronics, and Control Engineering.
  • 1995

    The Department of Electrical Engineering was established by merging three following departments: Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Control and Instrumentation Engineering. (Class size: 296)
  • 1996

    The Department of Electrical Engineering was relocated to building no. 301 from building no. 31, 32, and 38.
  • 2003

    The Department of Electrical Engineering partially used building no. 302.
  • 2004

    The Electrical Engineering Systems Research Center(EESRC) was renamed to Korea Electrical Engineering & Science Research Institute.
  • 2006

    The first class of students entered the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) program. (EE Class size: 156)


1970 ~ 1980's

1970 ~ 1980대 사진

  • 1978

    The Department of Control and Instrumentation Engineering was established.
  • 1979

    The College of Engineering was relocated to the Gwanak campus.
  • 1982

    계측제어공학를 제어계측공학과로 개칭
  • 1985

    The Inter-University Semiconductor Research Center was founded.
  • 1988

    The Korea Electrical Engineering and Science Research Institute were founded.
  • 1988

    The Automation and Systems Research Institute was founded.


1940 ~ 1950's

1940 ~ 1950대사진

  • 1946

    The Department of Electrical Engineering was founded in the College of Engineering on August 22.
  • 1947

    The Department of Communication Engineering was established.
  • 1948

    The Department of Communication Engineering was renamed to the Department of Electrical Engineering.
  • 1959

    The Department of Electrical Engineering was renamed to the Department of Electronics Engineering.

RELATED LINKS




TOP